Thursday, January 12, 2017

Susan Khalje Couture Sewing School in Australia

I was so excited to find out that Susan Khalje was coming to Australia from the Australian Sewing Guild and you my have seen Kristy talk about it as well.

During her 2017 Australian Teaching School she is offering:
  • 7 day Classic French Jacket sewing class
  • 6 day Couture Sewing school
  • 3 day Guipure Lace skirt class
  • 2 day Couture Techniques class

I have always wanted to attend the Classic French Jacket class especially after reading about it on Melanie's blog and I had planned on heading to Baltimore sometime in 2017.

So February is going to be a busy month for me as I have enrolled in 3 of the classes;

  • Classic French Jacket, 
  • Couture Sewing school, and 
  • Couture Techniques class.

Kristy also pointed out that Bewitched is having a closing down sale and I made a bee line for there a few weeks ago and found some ink navy wool crepe for the dress I am planning and a wonderful tweed for my jacket.



The Couture Sewing school had me thinking hard on what to do for this as we are not people who go to balls, or fancy dinners and I don't have that very special birthday coming up soon either.  Then I remembered I had Susan's Crafty Class - The Couture Dress using V8468 and after seeing the amount of different looks this pattern can achieve, I have decided to use this pattern for this class.

For the Classic French Jacket class I have decided to use Susan Khalje's pattern -  The Classic French Jacket.

I have been working on my toiles for the last 2 months during my limited sewing time and have attended two Sunday afternoon classes with Anita from Studio Faro who has worked so hard with me to fine tune the fit of both garments.  Still one more round to go, but now I am more comfortable with the fit for when I meet Susan.


******************
2016 Stash Out: 0 m
2016 Stash In: 4 m

10 comments:

Kristy Chan said...

Love your fabrics! I'm looking forward to the classes too, but have been so busy lately I have done no preparation other than buying fanric...

Sigrid said...

Oh, what a lovely month of sewing to look forward to. Hope you will post a lot of your experiences, that will certainly be wonderful.

Paola said...

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time and will learn so much. Very much look forward to seeing what you work on on the blog.

Vicki said...

Three classes! Lucky you. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Dilliander said...

Not many more sleeps now!! Love your fabrics and they look great together. What a wonderful opportunity.

AllisonC said...

Wow, I'm sure this will be an amazing experience and am looking forward to reading all about it, not to mention seeing what you make!

Andrea F said...

3 classes! Wow, you'll have a fun February. Thanks for the reminder that I must get over to Bewitched before they close. I hope they still have some nice things there when I go.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Oh you must be so excited. Can't wait to see the finished garments and hear all about the classes.

Anonymous said...

Such a great opportunity to study with Susan! Lucky you :-)

Kay said...

Wow!!! How amazing that you are taking 3 classes with Susan! I'm thrilled for you.

Can't to read up about your classes.