The first one is using my TNT top pattern, Vogue 8752 (OOP) which I am still fine tuning as my body changes as the years go by.
The last lot of changes happened after a workshop at our ASG group back in July last year about armscye/sleeves by Anita McAdam who owns Studio Faro.
Anita suggested we bring/wear a top/blouse that we wanted help with, so I chose to use my TNT top and wore this yellow top.
Over the years I have made a number of adjustments and it was the cream silk version that I made the round shoulder adjustment to my sleeve pattern and I was pretty pleased with that but I still get some stress lines around the armscye.
Anita suggested I also needed a forward shoulder adjustment and I have gone about it as follows:
1. On the sleeve pattern I folded out 1.2cm on the back armscye and added 1cm wedge to the front armscye.
2. I then did the corresponding adjustments to the front and back pattern pieces.
I did a Hong Kong finish on the seam allowances
and then did French Seams for the shoulders and right side seam.
I told a sewing friend that I used bias strips of organza to insert my sleeves, so thought I would try and explain it here.
* After doing French Seam on the sleeves, I
* took a 4cm wide bias strip of organza and placed this on the wrong side of my sleeve cap, starting at the dot and lowered the needle, with my machine on baste stitch, I put pressure on the bias strip as I stitched it around to the other dot,
and when you finish your sleeve already has a very nice shape to the sleeve cap.
* once the sleeve is in place, I cut out the silk organza bias strip.
and here is the completed top.
I'm not sure what is happening to the sleeve, even though I took out a wedge from the back armscye, it looks like there is still too much fabric.
Oh and I forgot to shorten the back darts, that would have given me just that bit more room at the back. The pattern is now noted for next time.
Now off to work.
2016 Stash Out: 6.1 m
2016 Stash In: 15 m