Sunday, December 27, 2015

Kris Kringle gift



Earlier this month I attended the Australian Sewing Guild Region Day and AGM at Bernina Chatswood and we could take along a Kris Kringle gift.

Now this is where reading blogs can give you some great ideas.  The site that I find quite interesting during the lead up to Christmas time is Sew Mamma Sew, during the month of November where they have new tutorials, recipes and printables for all areas of your life for Handmade Holidays.  They also do a blog post that lists all the ideas together, 9th Annual Holidays Tutorials.

When I saw the Scissor Cozy I knew this would be great gift for any of my sewing friends.


Luckily everything was in my stash except the small amount of ribbon.




The scissors aren't part of the gift, but I did print out a picture of a pair of scissors and put this inside the cozy in case it wasn't clear what is was used for.


******************
2015 Stash Out: 15.35 m
2015 Stash In: 18 m

6 comments:

Andrea F said...

It looks great Sharon. What a cute idea for using up smaller scraps of fabric! You could make a whole family of them for every different pair of scissors. oh, the possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful idea, who wouldn't love this for a present!

Sarah Liz said...

What a great little scissor bag - good idea, and you can see at a glance just what is in it. And scissors are kept safe during travels. Fantastic :)

Alison said...

So you gave...virtual scissors? LOL

Sue said...

Great gift for a sewing buddy. I thought about photocopying a coiled cord and putting it into the little bags I made for holding cords! Didn't get it done though.

Vicki said...

Very cute!