Sunday, October 12, 2014

Navy linen skirt - Vogue 1247

As promised back here, here is the navy linen skirt that is part of my "Starting from Scratch Wardrobe".

This skirt was cut out, along with the shirtmaker and cardigan for the sewing weekend I attended back in May.  Both the shirtmaker and the skirt are from a gorgeous slate blue linen purchased from Tessuti in 2013.


One of the things I like to look out for during craft shows are fat quarters that can be used for pockets and this one was perfect for this skirt.


I did manage to get the skirt sewn up to hemming during the sewing weekend, and it has been hanging around for a few months now waiting to be finished.





Oops I forgot to pull my top down!
The skirt is lined as well as using the twill tape for the waistband.

This is the third time I have used this pattern, the others are here and here and I imagine there will be a few more as it doesn't take too much fabric and the pattern pieces easily fit on those odd scraps left over from other garments.


******************
2014 Stash Out: 30.95 m
2014 Stash In: 48.75 m

13 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Looking good and great pocket detail :-)

BeaJay said...

A very classic skirt. Lovely. My eagle eye has spotted gorgeous looking fabric in that cardigan project bag.... hmm. Lovely.

Therese said...

Very nice and so well done, as always!

Diana said...

Great looking outfit. The colours look so good together.

Sarah Liz said...

I agree, this is such a useful skirt - the cut also really suits you as well. Lovely start to your new wardrobe building.

Gail said...

You've certainly had your value from this pattern.

Emma said...

Absolutely love this outfit. Love the length too, i have this pattern but have never made it up, at this length it would be a great work skirt for me.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Love this skirt. Your fabric is gorgeous, especially love the contrasting pocket lining.

KathyS said...

I love that skirt, too. It's such a lovely shape and always feels right. Your new one looks great with that top.

Carol said...

This is another one of those patterns that I appear to be the only person who hasn't made it. Perfect pattern for navy linen, too. I love it.

MaciNic said...

Another fantastic rendition - I must make this up next ;)

Anonymous said...

I also love this skirt and the fact that it can be made from a small amount of fabric. I have never thought of fat quarters for pocket linings - brilliant!