Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Minoru Jacket

I'm starting to notice that January seems to be the month that Sew-Along's commence and yes I have signed up for another one.

This time I am going to point the finger at Tessuti because when they reviewed Julia and Minoru on their blog, I just had to have this jacket pattern (and so did 2 of my real life sewing buddies), as I really like the shape because most jackets make me look like a box and with the wet weather we have been having a lighter jacket than the gortex one I wear when walking Roscoe will be a nice change.

Tasia the creator of the Minoru Jacket is having a Sew-Along commencing on 16 January and finishing around 20 February 2012.  You can find out more about the Sew-Along by clicking on the badge on the side bar.

The pattern was ordered and it has arrived.


I have traced off the pattern and plan on making a toile, as these patterns are drafted for the "pear" figure.

I have some navy ripstop in the stash intending to make a jacket so I just need to find some lining.  I also fell in love with Julia's metal zippers so I have been checking out ZipperStop as I need a 71cm separating zip and 45cm closed-end zip for this jacket and of course they have to be navy and have metal teeth.  Fingers crossed the order arrives before we get up to that stage with the Sew-Along. 

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a great shape jacket. I have developed a great interest in increasing my jacket wardrobe since moving down here!

velosews said...

That is a great jacket shape. The hood looks stylish.

Anonymous said...

I've used 2 patterns (top and skirt) from Sewaholic and they were great. I wish the weather was warmer so I could wear them :-) I'm going to get this jacket as well. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year - Catherine (Rhodes ASG)

Gay McDonell said...

Lovely design features in that jacket. Julia's jacket was lovely, well, everything Julia does is lovely. Have a lovely Christmas Sharon!