Sunday, September 12, 2010

Look who is being spoilt

Over at Pattern Review they are having a "Sewing for your Pet" contest and I decided it was time to spoil Roscoe (okay he is spoilt rotten, but what am I supposed to do), with a bed which is a bit better than the poor crocheted knee rug and what used to be a large sheepskin fleece that looks so small on his new bed (thankfully he has grown out of ripping things apart).



I have used McCall's 3071 (OOP) which is for pet accessories and includes instructions and patterns to make a dog coat, dog bed and dog bed cover.



The inner bed is made from calico which wasn't quite wide enough for the circles, so I added a seam in the centre. This takes 9 x 200g Craft Fiber bags to fill.



The patterned corduroy I have had in the stash for at least 14 years, I know I purchased it with the intention of making DH a pair of pull on pants to lounge around in, and yes he was wearing this sort of thing when I met him, I think they were left over from his surfing days.

I didn't quite have enough for the whole bed cover so I purchased 1 metre of burgundy corduroy for the side panels and used a burgundy zip from my stash.



And this is a sight that every Border Collie owner wants to see, them sound asleep.

7 comments:

velosews said...

He now needs a kiss good night. Nice work for Roscoe.

SewRuthie said...

Awwwwwww! I need to make a cat sized equivalent.

sewing spots said...

Very nice! I talked my dh into sewing the dog beds at our house after we came home with this gigantic bag of stuffing!

marysews said...

Let me finish your last sentence:

... because he's not herding his pack!

Gay McDonell said...

Lucky lucky Roscoe! Yep that patterned corduroy would have been great in the surfing days of old - I think there are some guys around here still wearing them!!!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't he look gorgeous on his new bed!! I have posted the pic on my kids' home computer so at least they can look at a pet! Luisa R

Audrey said...

Roscoe is a beautiful dog and he looks so pleased with his new bed.