Friday, November 21, 2008

Yellow Blouse Finished

This blouse was started for the July Sew Along on Stitchers Guild, however it just didn't want to play and I finally finished it last week. I'm wearing it with the skirt and jewellery from the JCC contest.


This is the same blouse pattern Vogue 8572(OOP)that I made for the JCC contest and this time I wanted to try a piped neckline and shortened the sleeves to 3/4 to wear under my Channel jacket. I am reasonably happy with my first attempt of using bias strips and "rats tail" to make the piping and then getting it to sit nicely around the neckline.

I had a wonderful teacher at the ASG Convention in Brisbane last October who kindly sharerd some of her tips on piping so I am keen to try another as I really like the look of piped edges on necklines and sleeve hems.

This fabric is heavier than the Oyster Chamois I used for the JCC and somehow the top has ended up tighter (don't think the gym sessions would be making this much difference) so not sure what has happened here.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Looking good Sharon! Mine just needs hem and buttons and then a pic will be up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, great to see you are sewing, I am still considering. I love the fact that you have piped the neckline. Happy sewing

velosews said...

This top looks professional. I love the piping and how it fits on you. I'll try some piping on my next outfit. Keep going :)